Monday 3 April 2017

A public letter to Simon Harris Minister for Health AND my local TD


Dear Simon,

I am pleased to say I was recently awarded Disability allowance. 

That's where the good news ends.

My partner was refused Carers allowance!!! 

We have appealed but is there any way you can help us on this? They stated I wasn't disabled enough. Its a sick joke. 

With this and the ongoing issue with medical cannabis. And the press glossing over the fact that 10's of thousands of pain sufferers are going to be left with no viable alternative to opiates. 

I can tell you this without a shadow of a doubt, as I have seen both sides of the coin now, "We" are simply desperate for an alternative. One that is less likely to KILL US. That statement is not an overly dramatic one. It is fact. Opiates kill. Cannabis doesn't. 

I haven't heard from you in a good while. 

I trust you will make time to reply to me this time. 

Regards, 

Jo Allen 

No comments:

Post a Comment