Saturday 14 January 2017

A Glimmer of hope

I wanted to put this in with my last blog but I also was very aware that I'd been babbling on.

I will pick up where I left off in my previous rambling.
Third time UNLUCKY http://invisibilityhurts.blogspot.com/2017/01/third-time-unlucky.html

So....We got home last Monday night and I literally hit rock bottom. I felt myself disconnect, I was numb, I couldn't stop crying. I took every tablet I had to hand (I know) and I eventually slept.
Thankfully when I woke up I did not feel like I had the night before, that had scared the poo out of me.

On the Monday I had received a letter from Our Ladies Hospice in Harold's Cross stating they had received my referral from the rheumatologist in Vincent's. I put it down, just thinking Oh well...I'll wait. Then of course ended up in ED. Told by the doc there that I'll just have to wait.

My man was not giving up though. He got on the phone and spoke to a lovely lady in patient services at OLH. She said she would look into it for me.
Let's just say I didn't have the best day Tuesday, Brian ended up phoning her again bless him because he didn't know what to do with me.
He gets off the phone this time and she had only got me in for my assessment the NEXT DAY!!

Wednesday I went for my assessment. I met with an Occupational therapist, Physio, and Nurse and my faith in my peers was restored!!
They knew EXACTLY what I was talking about. I can tell you I dehydrated myself with the amount I cried. The understanding, empathy and compassion was as it should be. They all agreed that I needed an emergency admission.

I left that day thinking "it's ok, I can cope for another couple of weeks, only a couple more weeks"

Got home and into bed Wednesday afternoon, received a phone call a couple of hours later saying I was being admitted next week!!
I was overwhelmed! I think I must have thanked her about 20 times lol.

This brings us to tonight. I've knackered myself packing. Topped up on my tablets and am hoping for some sleep tonight (more than 3 hours PLEASE!!!). I go in for 2 weeks tomorrow. It's a Mon to Fri ward so I get to come home to my boys at the weekend.

I am filled with mixed emotions, I am excited, kind of. I'm scared (what if last Wednesday was the anomaly and no one will understand), I'm heartbroken at leaving my son.....But...He needs a Mum that can do more than lie in bed crying.

I'm not giving up yet.  Watch this space!!

Once again thank you for reading.

Please Please share folks. Let's raise awareness! People with chronic illnesses do not WANT to be in ED, in fact I'd go as far as to say most of us would try ANYTHING else first.  If you are in the medical profession please remember compassion, it may not seem much to you but believe me it means A LOT!!

Also the Link to my gofundme page is below. As embarrassing as it is to need to ask. This is what it has come to.

Gentle hugs to all 💜💜💜💜💜

http://www.gofundme.com/invisibilityhurts

No comments:

Post a Comment